Miami Medical, updates and what goes where

13 Jun

Gratuitous nice car driven by glorious man picture...

A bit of housekeeping!

A few people have been asking what the original planned running order of the Miami Medical episodes was. If you recall, there were orginally going to be 13 episodes in season #1. Before the season actually aired, the decision was made to air 8 episodes only. Some were then taken out of the running order and held back for season #2 (with some needing small changes to suit being season #2 episodes, which ended up not being made). We saw 8 episodes, then the pilot re-aired, and now we’re seeing the other 5 episodes that had already been filmed.

So, I asked Jeffrey Lieber if he could enlighten us, and he very kindly gave me the episodes listed in their originally intended order (I’ve added the order in which we actually saw/are seeing them as a number after each episode name):

Pilot (1)
88 Seconds (2)
Like A Hurricane (9)
Diver Down (10)
Golden Hour (5)
What Lies Beneath (3)
All Fall Down (4)
Calle Cubana (6)
Man On The Road (7)
Arm and a Leg (8)
Time of Death (11)
Down To The Bone (12)
Medicine Man (13)

Jeffrey also told me that by the time Medicine Man was written he already knew about the season split and so it will not feel like a season end/series end, but instead something in process.

Thanks Jeffrey, all is clear!

For those who have been asking if a Miami Medical DVD will be available, I’m told we will have news on that soon…I’ll be sure to update you as soon as I know.

9 Responses to “Miami Medical, updates and what goes where”

1. SueVo June 13, 2010 at 7:27 pm #

Great info there, Gill. Thanks 🙂

• henrysmummy2003 June 13, 2010 at 8:34 pm #

Thanks Sue, thought I’d better try and clear up the queries! It’ll be great if there is a DVD, Jeffrey’s working on it. Now would seem a good time to negotiate for that, given the great viewing stats.

2. Mary June 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm #

Many thanks Gill for the correction of the episodes. Please a DVD of Miami Medical in German as well then I’m happy.

• henrysmummy2003 June 13, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Let’s hope you get Miami Medical on German tv, Mary, though dubbed would not be good…

3. Mary June 13, 2010 at 9:15 pm #

Yes, the beautiful voice is missing.

4. elsiemanning June 14, 2010 at 2:16 am #

Great! Thanks so much for the info. 🙂

5. Martina June 14, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Thanks Gill, the right order does solve some irritation, especially for us German folk. Hopefully they`ll release a DVD also playable for Region 2, and yes, I really can do without a German synchronized voice of Jeremy!

• henrysmummy2003 June 14, 2010 at 10:14 am #

Hi Martina! Yes, if the show does air in Germany, it would be an outrage if Jeremy’s voice was dubbed. But I think that is what usually happens, isn’t it? You don’t get sub-titles? As for a region 2 DVD, I think that’s unlikely (but I don’t know for sure, so don’t take my word on it!). My player is multi-region, and many people can play region 1 on their computers: might that work for you? Anyway, I’ll have more details about what will be available very soon (this week or next, I’m told).

1. Miami Medical: Time of Death Preview « Exploding Egg - June 17, 2010

[…] Gill at The Jer Blog hunted down the intended order of all the show’s episodes in this recent post: Miami Medical, updates and what goes where […]