Louise Lombard joins fellow Brit Jeremy Northam in Miami Medical

22 Apr

As you saw from SueVo’s post, there are some cryptic hints flying around about this Friday’s episode of Miami Medical, All Fall Down. To say I’m intrigued is an understatement, and of course we’re all dying to find out the truth about HotDocProc and Dr Z’s shenanigans!

Louise Lombard, guest star in All Fall Down

What we do know for sure is that this episode has as its guest star Louise Lombard. Most tv viewers will know blond Louise from her role as Sofia Curtis in CSI. But being a Brit, it’s a very different image of her that I have in my mind.

Stella Gonet and Louise Lombard in The House of Elliott

Louise Lombard began her career in front of the camera when she was only 18, and had a variety of roles on UK tv. In 1991, she was cast as Evangeline in the BBC’s House of Elliott and it’s in this incarnation that I picture her still. The series was written by Jean Marsh and Eileen Atkins, the team responsible for the immensely successful Upstairs Downstairs. Eileen Atkins, of course, starred alongside Miami Medical‘s Jeremy Northam in Robert Altman’s Gosford Park.

The House of Elliott was set in the 1920’s and charted the rise of two orphaned sisters as they grew their dressmaking business into an haute couture fashion house. Sadly, we never found out what eventually became of the sisters because the BBC, in their wisdom, axed the series before the storylines could be tied up.

Louise Lombard as Evie in The House of Elliott

In its heyday, it was a very successful show, and it’s rumoured that Louise turned down the role that eventually went to Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal, because of her commitment to The House of Elliott. After taking a couple of years out to focus on her studies, Louise returned to acting and has worked steadily ever since, joining CSI in 2004.

In Friday’s Miami Medical, Louise plays Karen, a woman who’s rushed to the hospital with her husband when the balcony of their apartment collapses. Karen is very seriously injured but mysteriously refuses treatment. Also on Friday’s episode, a patient’s arrival with a large sum of cash in tow causes a stir among the staff.

Happily, Omar Gooding’s Nurse Tuck returns to the fold (I missed him last week) and maybe, just maybe, we find out a little more of the mystery behind enigmatic Dr Proctor and what he was really up to with those cups of coffee!

Is that sympathy or contrition I see in his eyes…?

Don’t forget to watch Miami Medical on CBS Friday night at 10pm.

To find out more about Jeremy Northam, please visit Jeremy Northam Info, we’d love to meet you!

9 Responses to “Louise Lombard joins fellow Brit Jeremy Northam in Miami Medical”

1. sphinxvictorian April 22, 2010 at 7:01 pm #

I am so excited to see Louise Lombard show up in a show with JN! The House of Elliott was one of my favorite shows in the 90’s. I hated how they ended the series, too! But she was so lovely, and the 20’s fashions were gorgeous! I still have dreams of making copies of a few of those dresses!

• henrysmummy2003 April 22, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

It should be a good pairing, I think! Shame it’s only a guest role. I agree, the costumes in The House of Elliott were stunning: probably why they had to stop making the show, it cost millions, evidently!

• sphinxvictorian April 22, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

Yeah, I remember seeing the exhibit of the costumes that they had at the Victoria and Albert back in 1992 of the costumes from the first season, alone! Gorgeous, but really expensive materials etc.

• henrysmummy2003 April 22, 2010 at 10:47 pm #

Lucky you, I’d really love to have seen them! It did all look very authentic, the sets as well as the costumes. It was a much-loved show, and it’s good to see Louise doing so well these days. Stella Gonet is also working regularly, I still see her sometimes, she still looks great too.

• sphinxvictorian April 22, 2010 at 10:51 pm #

Stella’s one of my faves as well. I always wished I could have seen her Ophelia opposite JN! She was in this one David Hare drama I wish I could find on DVD called Heading Home, with Gary Oldman and Joely Richardson. I’ve seen her in a few other things, as well. She’s always wonderful!

• henrysmummy2003 April 22, 2010 at 11:00 pm #

Wouldn’t that have been something! I’m always hoping Jeremy can be tempted to do some more stage work. I like Stella, I have a soft spot for her because she comes from the same part of Scotland as my family. Isn’t it annoying when you really want a DVD of a favourite and it just can’t be had? One of my favourite films, The Dead, was only fairly recently released on DVD, despite being the great John Huston’s last movie and an absolute gem. Has Heading Home ever been on DVD or is it that it’s just hard to find a copy?

• sphinxvictorian April 23, 2010 at 8:37 am #

No, I don’t think Heading Home ever was on DVD, or VHS for that matter. I saw it on TV here in the States, on one of our cable networks, but I’ve never seen it since. It also had the wonderful Stephen Dillane in it. Ah, well, I can just keep hoping. Someday, because it’s Gary Oldman, they’ll put it in a retrospective DVD set! 😉

1. Miami Medical: One Clue, One Answer « Exploding Egg - April 22, 2010

[…] On another note, Gill from The Jer Blog has a new Miami Medical related post up this morning about Louise Lombard. Go check it out here: Louise Lombard joins fellow Brit Jeremy Northam in Miami Medical […]

2. Miami Medical, All Fall Down…wot no fairies? « The Jer Blog, all about Jeremy Northam - April 24, 2010

[…] was lovely to see Louise Lombard, and as happened in last week’s episode with Fortunato, as Dr Proctor’s patient, her […]